30 Apr 2018
The importance of your employee’s well-being
Incidents of reported misbehaviour occurring at Starbucks in the United States has shed light on the importance of workforce training and planning. It is always crucial to remember that basic respect is fundamental.
How happy are you really at your job? Are your co-workers just that – colleagues? – Or are they potentially good friends? Do you experience friendly competition in your industry – or is it way too much to handle? Has there ever truly been proper work-life balance – or has work become your entire life? Are you working to live or living to work?
- Free on-site health care services
- Free fitness classes/on-site gyms
- Work-life balance
- Transportation allowances
- Medical insurances
Workplaces have been known to be the trigger for stress, anxiety, depression and other lifetime emotional issues. With these stresses, comes workplace violence – inappropriate language, violent outbursts and bullying.
Do you often find yourself going home after work stressed you out?
- Making the topic of mental health conversational
- Implementing flexible hours
- Employee engagement (casual company activities)
- Free time away from desk
“Create a positive working culture by regularly praising and recognising achievements and encourage employees to suggest new ideas and become more involved in the goals of the organisation.”
Art therapy and employee stress
“It’s also good for us because our walls are boringly off-white, blank and a general bummer to look at. We need something for those walls. I think back to when I interned at as news station and found a painting stashed in a supply closet.”
No matter what your company may do for you – no matter what anyone else may provide you – at the end of the day, your happiness is in your own hands.
Here are some simple ways to reset your mind:
- Listen to your mind, body, and soul
- Getting sufficient rest is crucial in between work hours
- Diffusing anti-stress aroma, essential oils in the office
- Drink tea
- Meditative music + meditation
- Exercise (in your free time or over the weekends)
- Take vitamins
- It’s okay to spend some time alone
- Forgive others
- Forgive yourself
Remember, happy employees come up with the best quality work.
Return to the main OEA Blog Page